Parent Organization: Community Service Organizations
The American Cancer Society Colleges Against Cancer is a nationwide collaboration of students, faculty, and staff dedicated to eliminating cancer by initiating and supporting programs of the American Cancer Society in college communities.
The main goal of Colleges Against Cancer is to fight cancer by volunteering for and instating and supporting programs of the American Cancer Society. Goals include, but are not limited to:
· Conduct regular chapter meetings with all chapter membership.
· Pursue, plan, and execute programs supporting the four strategic directions of Colleges Against Cancer: advocacy, cancer education, Relay For Life, and survivorship.
· Pursue, plan, and execute at least two activities or events each school year.
· Fundraise through American Cancer Society approved fundraisers on campus.
· Contribute to the Colleges Against Cancer’s growth as a collaborative effort among all students and student organizations on campus, as well as between and among this chapter, the local American Cancer Society office and staff, surrounding chapters, and the Colleges Against Cancer National Leadership Team,
·Support the establishment of Colleges Against Cancer Chapters at surrounding colleges and universities.